Reports To: Head of Business Management
Salary: £38,000 to start increasing to £40,000 after 6 months’ probation + £5,000 pa car allowance
Holiday: 25 days, plus 3 days Christmas closure, exclusive of bank/public holidays
Hours: 40-hour week, some weekend working with time off in lieu
The Brand is a UK-wide network of performing arts Academies, offering classes in Musical Theatre, Comedy & Drama and Film & Television to students aged 4 – 18. We now have over 150 Academies nationwide and are still growing.
We are looking for a Regional Business Manager to join our Business Department. Applicants should be well educated, articulate, have experience of working with small and medium-sized businesses, and appreciate the challenges these businesses face on a daily basis. The successful applicant will mentor our Principals, enabling them to overcome obstacles and achieve their full potential. Our Regional Business Managers are dynamic, self-motivated individuals, with the skills to inspire others to achieve their goals.
The Regional Business Manager will be responsible for approximately 25-35 Principals in their region. The areas covered will include Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire. The ideal candidate should live within this area.
Regional Business Managers are based in their regions and work from home. Equipment supplied includes a laptop, monitor, printer, and mobile phone.
- Positive attitude
- Ability to motivate and develop people to achieve their full potential
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Great organisational skills and a professional attitude
- A problem solver with a can-do attitude and an approachable manner
- A great team player, who welcomes collaboration
- Be the main point of contact for Principals throughout their journey with BRAND
- Review new Principal business plans, interview candidates at Head Office and provide feedback
- Help to develop and monitor induction into BRAND, from training to opening an Academy
- Support with venue searches, assist with negotiating venue costs, creating and reviewing templated contracts, and assisting with Academy venue moves
- Ensure Principals are fully set up to run their business
- Develop new guidance and offer additional training to Principals
- Advise Principals on internal operations
- Act as a conduit between Head Office and Principals to ensure queries and information are dealt with effectively from both sides
- Bring feedback to the relevant departments at Head Office and work alongside them to implement new projects and training to satisfy the Principals’ requirements
- Set up termly one-to-one business reviews with Principals
- Aid Principals with ensuring their businesses are exceeding minimum performance targets
- Assist Principals with exiting BRAND, either via the sale of their business or a takeover
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills; Word, Excel, Outlook, TEAMs
- Good knowledge of both on and offline local marketing methods
- Previous experience in a sales and/or account management role with proven track record of working towards and achieving performance targets
- Experience delivering training, coaching and development
- Strong attention to detail
- A customer-focused approach
- Full clean driving licence
- Experience of the performing arts sector is desirable, but not essential
Likely candidate Experience :
- BDM or Management experience within a creative industry - photography or Art for example
- Management experience targeting parents for children’s activities.
- BDM or Management experience in After School Clubs